Sunday, February 26, 2012

Layla: Derek and the Dominoes version or Eric Clapton solo?

I usually jam the Clapton solo version, but I decided to listen to the other again and I really like it!Layla: Derek and the Dominoes version or Eric Clapton solo?
Cmd5 nailed it,Nerdwah,I have NO idea why the unplugged thang garnered so much attention. The original has urgency,it has emotion so intense that you can smell it,it has one of the greatest instrumental passages in Rock and Roll history,it's truly on the list as one of the Best Rock and Roll Songs Ever Created. Clapton's 'Unplugged' performance was a little weak. I liked his chord changes,but he just 'performed' it,you can tell that he was thinking about something else while he was playing. Maybe I'm being a tad unkind,but Derek's Layla was a beautiful,blooming flower with some black pedals and Eric's "Unplugged" was just a phone call.Layla: Derek and the Dominoes version or Eric Clapton solo?
Derek %26amp; the Dominos
Both are good but Clapton is my fav :)Layla: Derek and the Dominoes version or Eric Clapton solo?
The guitar that opens the Derek version NEVER fails to give me chills.



I choose the original, kick @ss version.
Clapton.....Now this song is going to stick in my head all night..LolLayla: Derek and the Dominoes version or Eric Clapton solo?
oh man...... that's way too tough hahaha! i like em both!! the derek and the dominoes version is phenomenal but you can never ever go wrong with clapton!!!!!
Hmmm. By your question I see that you know that Clapton was in Derek and the Dominoes, but some of the answers don't seem to indicate that. Having said that, I like the Derek and the Dominoes version, but I am a huge fan of the Clapton One More Car One More Rider album. I guess it's to hard to pick. They are both EC at his best. Then again I like the unplugged version a lot too.
the derek and the dominos version because if the solo version of layla you're referring to is the unplugged one.;it was bloody awful.what way to ruin a classic rock song.the original version is intense,passionate,and powerful which was a direct expression of clapton's feelings at the time,the unplugged version completely emasculates it.
I prefer Eric Clapton's version

No comments:

Post a Comment