Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm trying to learn the game of dominoes, can someone help?

I am asked to play a game of dominoes in the next few days, and I haven't played before. I hear that there are strategies to winning, but I can't really seem to find anything on line explaining that. I know there are a lot of versions, and we would be playing Draw Dominoes. I know you have to match up the numbers on the tiles, but what kind of thinking all goes into this?I'm trying to learn the game of dominoes, can someone help?
it's a point based game

6/0 + 0/1 + 1/5 + 5/4 = 10 points (you don't count the middle points)...you only count the ENDS !!.....6 + 4 = 10

6/0 + 0/1 + 1/5 + 5/3 is worthless points (9 points don't count)

points are scored 5, 10, 15, 20, etc, etc, etcI'm trying to learn the game of dominoes, can someone help?
The strategy behind it is much like UNO, where you are trying to figure out what your opponents have for numbers, and how you can stop them from playing anything.



If you notice your opponent is attending to a particular number, you can play off of it. So if they don't like the number 1, you could try and make both ends of the train continually have 1. That way your opponent will be stuck until he gets the right tile.



I hope this helps you in your Domino game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment